WELCOME FRIENDS

My photo
That's me on the left. I'm a wife, mother and esthetician. Formerly a city girl, I married an energic and creative country man and with the help of family and friends we built our home on his family's farm. Like our home my life and interests are mostly works in progress.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Esthetician + Facial = Relaxation

One of the things I really like is helping people look and feel great.  Since becoming a licensed esthetician in 2000 I have given hundreds of facials.

My clients come to me with different concerns about their skin; too oily, too dry, breakouts and wrinkles.  Many of my clients have no real skin concerns but they come to relax.  Some of them never speak a word from the moment my hands touch their face while others talk through the entire facial.  It's their choice.

During the Head, Neck & Shoulder Massage portion of the facial my mind is clear and my hands automatically know the movements to make. When my client is quiet at this time it's so relaxing even for me that I call it being in The Zone.  Some of my clients have said after the facial that they experienced a deep relaxation and peace.  I love telling them I felt the exact same thing.

There are too few careers that have an element of relaxation to them. With everything else I have going on in my life I totally need that.

1 comment: