WELCOME FRIENDS

My photo
That's me on the left. I'm a wife, mother and esthetician. Formerly a city girl, I married an energic and creative country man and with the help of family and friends we built our home on his family's farm. Like our home my life and interests are mostly works in progress.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Breathing lessons

I've joined a running group in preparation for my first 5k run in June.  It's been challenging and that's why, in addition to my regular workouts, I decided to give running a try. During our last practice the air was still and thick and in the middle of the course I had a pain in my side and I was ready to stop.  Our coach reminded me to breath correctly and slow down my pace.  It worked immediately.  As I ran on I could hear his voice, "Slow and steady beats rough and ready." The pain was gone and I could finish the practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment